Estes Park Nonprofit Resource Center
Executive Director Opportunity
The Estes Park Nonprofit Resource Center (EPNRC) is seeking a dynamic, innovative, community-oriented Executive Director.
The EPNRC Executive Director is responsible for executing the organization’s mission, ensuring the organization’s long-term sustainability, and managing all EPNRC programs, services and events, and managing the day-to-day business functions of the office. S/he provides oversight of EPNRC staff and independent contractors and coordinates all volunteer activities (fundraising, programs, events, committees). The Executive Director regularly represents EPNRC in the public eye, attending events that support nonprofits in the community and building relationships that strengthen the presence of nonprofits and encourages collaboration between nonprofits, governmental/semi-governmental entities, businesses and service organizations.
The position is full-time and is located in Estes Park, Colorado, a progressive mountain community with an outdoor recreation and tourism focus.
The Estes Park Nonprofit Resource Center is a small 501(c)(3)nonprofit serving and responding to the needs of more than 130 nonprofits in the Estes Valley. The EPNRC mission is to enable Estes Valley nonprofit organizations to achieve their goals by:
- Ensuring access to locally-relevant, high-quality education, resources and services for nonprofit leaders by responding to their critical & essential needs;
- Exemplifying and encouraging best practices so as to better serve and be a model for nonprofit organizations and the community; and
- Creating opportunities for community conversations and collaborative approaches to problem solving by enriching the community’s philanthropic culture and making meaningful connections that link people with solutions.
The Executive Director reports to a 10- to 15-member Board of Directors. A half-time staff member also supports the organization’s operations.
The Executive Director should have some or all of the following:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and a strong background in the nonprofit sector, with at least 3 years of experience as a nonprofit director/program manager
- A successful track record for nonprofit fundraising and development; grant writing and reporting; and a commitment to cultivating and sustaining donors and sponsors; and the ability to generate new revenue streams
- History of effective community outreach including the ability to speak personably and effectively to donors, sponsors, members, the general public, nonprofits, businesses, and partners in one-on-one and group presentation settings
- IT proficiency including word processing, spreadsheets, email, mass email marketing, social media, cloud applications, etc.
- Demonstrated budget development experience, and the ability to interpret, forecast, and monitor the financial condition of the organization
- Educational and service program development, delivery and evaluation
- Membership management
- Event planning and management
- Staff supervision
- Clear, accurate, professional English writing skills
Salary Hiring Range
Salary hiring range is $52,000 to $56,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications plus $6,000 bonus in lieu of benefits.
To apply please email a resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. In lieu of phone calls or personal visits, please email any questions to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until August 31, 2017, or until the position is filled.
EPNRC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender expression, veteran or military status, citizenship, sexual orientation, and another other characteristic protected by state or federal laws. Estes Park Nonprofit Resource Center is an equal opportunity/equal access employer, fully committed to complying with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination.